Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bicycle

So, I have been on a bit of an environmental kick lately. For once this has included more then me just complaining about how we are destroying our planet. Indeed, I do believe we are performing some form of slow mass suicide by making our planet uninhabitable to human life.

Inflammatory rhetoric aside, this time I am trying to consider this a spiritual discipline that I need to practice physically and materially and not just rant about. I have posted more about this at my website www.barefootpriest.com. Last night, however, my wife and I bought bikes for the purpose of commuting. My goal is to commute by bike at least three times a week. This is part of a greater effort on our part to become carbon neutral. I'll keep you posted on how this works out.

No comments: