Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Five

From reverandmother and the revgalblogpals, another edition of the Friday Five. My answers are in red.

As many of you know, I have been experimenting with some severely curtailed Internet usage. I realized that I had gotten into some bad habits, which got me thinking about habits in general. I understand that a habits/random facts meme has already been going around. In the hopes that it hasn't hit too many of us yet, be as lighthearted or as serious as you'd like with the following:

1. Have you ever successfully quit a bad habit, or gotten a good habit established? Tell us about how you did it.
Smoking....quitting was easy. I did it 500 times at least. Seriously though I haven't had a cigarette in 4 1/2 years. Remarkably I still get cravings.

2. "If only there were a 12-step program for ______M&M Consumption_________!"

3. Share one of your healthy "obsessions" with us.

Naps! To nap is rest in the lap of God.

4. Share the habit of a spouse, friend or loved one that drives you C-R-A-Z-Y.

My wife calls vacuuming sweeping which makes no since to me. You sweep with a broom, vacuum with a vacuum cleaner.

5. "I'd love to get into the habit of _______Hiking_________."

Bonus: What is one small action you might take immediately to make #5 a reality?

Get on the elliptical at the gym to get ready for this summers trip to the black hills/bad lands.

Bonus 2: Try it, and let us know how it goes in a future post!

8 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

Black Hills and Badlands -- how fabulous!

Terri said...

I was never a serious smoker and quit all together when pregnant with our first child. I've never gone back to it. BUT for a length of time about two years ago I craved cigarettes. I mean really. Out of the blue would come this yearning for one. The cravings are odd, aren't they?

And, yes, if you are going to hike in the mountains, get to the gym...it will be so much more fun! I look forward to readin about your adventures...

Melissa said...

That's a great outlook on naps...

Good play!

Di said...

I love that you listed napping as a healthy habit. Hurrah for a fellow napper-- particularly one who's unashamed.

Sally said...

hope you find time to enjoy the hiking- and well done with the smoking- keep it up!

Iris said...

Congrats on giving up the ciggies!

I grew up in Wyoming and we used to visit the Blackhills all the time. Very nice!

Diane M. Roth said...

Oh yes, naps are great, a great habit, especially ( for me) on Sunday afternoon.

Michelle said...

My better half can nap, I can't shake the gotta be doing something habit...but maybe this image can!