As many of you know, I have been experimenting with some severely curtailed Internet usage. I realized that I had gotten into some bad habits, which got me thinking about habits in general. I understand that a habits/random facts meme has already been going around. In the hopes that it hasn't hit too many of us yet, be as lighthearted or as serious as you'd like with the following:
1. Have you ever successfully quit a bad habit, or gotten a good habit established? Tell us about how you did it.
Smoking....quitting was easy. I did it 500 times at least. Seriously though I haven't had a cigarette in 4 1/2 years. Remarkably I still get cravings.
2. "If only there were a 12-step program for ______M&M Consumption_________!"
3. Share one of your healthy "obsessions" with us.
Naps! To nap is rest in the lap of God.
4. Share the habit of a spouse, friend or loved one that drives you C-R-A-Z-Y.
My wife calls vacuuming sweeping which makes no since to me. You sweep with a broom, vacuum with a vacuum cleaner.
5. "I'd love to get into the habit of _______Hiking_________."
Bonus: What is one small action you might take immediately to make #5 a reality?
Get on the elliptical at the gym to get ready for this summers trip to the black hills/bad lands.
Bonus 2: Try it, and let us know how it goes in a future post!
Friday, May 25, 2007
From reverandmother and the revgalblogpals, another edition of the Friday Five. My answers are in red.